These pages contain information about modeling the prototype LVRR structures and, where appropriate, notes on available models. References to photos of the prototypes are provided wherever possible – either to photos on the web, or those published in books or magazines. We will try to limit the number of prototype photos presented on this site so as not to compete with the many excellent web sites that specialize in that type of photograpy.
As with any railroad modeling, it’s up to the individual to decide how much accuracy is “good enough”, weighing the cost in time and money against the impact each little difference will make when the structure is seen on the layout. Obviously selective compression is always an issue when trying to make larger structures fit our layout space, but giving the most accurate representation possible of the prototype is always a goal.
- Roundhouse Cross-section (Railway Review 6/22/1918)
- Sayre Yard (Railway Age 10/13/1905)
- East Buffalo Yard (Railway Review 6/22/1918)
- Ashmore Yard (Railway Review 6/5/1920)
- Suspension Bridge Engine Terminal (Railway Review 6/22/1918)
- Rochester Passenger Station (Railway Age 10/13/1905)